Friday, September 08, 2006

I am going to escape (wish me luck!)

Okay, so my "A" race is finally here. But the thing is, it stopped being my A race the day I pressed submit for the Ironman. So I have been training more for a good base than for this race in particular. Oh, and there is that pesky knee injury that I possibly made 10 times worse on Wednesday.

But...

I am not going to let that stop me from having the best race of my year on Sunday. I mean- I get to jump off a friggin boat and swim a mile to shore. If that isn't awesome I don't know what is. And then a flat fast 24 mile bike ride...

Oh, yeah. Did I tell you guys about the run?

Hmmm.... Maybe that's because it is going to suck. big time. 6.2 miles, half in sand, half on trails. I don't think that you could make a worse run course for A) speed and B) Chondromalacia Patella

Now A) has never been a problem for me. Because I suck. My run splits don't really get me all anxious because it is just a death trudge anyway. But I just hope that I don't do damage to my knee. I'd rather not have to take a month off of running (because I just love it so much, can you tell?).

Well, darn it the experience of jumping off a boat will overshadow it all. Plus, I'm going up with DaisyDuc and that will be a ton of fun in itself. We will have the Red Menace out in force, too. We must have 20 people going up to the race. And there is nothing quite like cheering for teammates throughout an entire race. It is so motivating.

So I'm off to Sandusky tomorrow and will hurry back to watch Sara (TriSaraTops), Alan (TriAl), Rob(Triing without limits), and the rest of the IMMOO CTC crew finish on my computer. Send them positive vibes!

Obligatory training/diet note: swam 3500 meters this morning and I am DEAD tired tonight. I have been treating myself to a few treats here and there in anticipation of the new diet starting on Monday. Today I was very good until Coldstone called tonight. Goodbye Ice Cream. I will miss you (sniff).

1 comment:

Wes said...

Have a great time at your race! I'll keep you and your knee in my thoughts!