Thursday, September 14, 2006

Upcoming Events: My life gets busy...

I feel like it's October already. Why? Because I have so much crap going on these next few weeks! Let's recap:

This Saturday: All day "retreat" for my department. Ugh

Sunday: Team Triathlon. I'm the bike leg. I've always wanted to be able to hammer on the bike and not worry about what's to come! Should be fun!

Sun-Wed I have to work my butt off. I have so much going on with work and I need to get some publications out ASAP so I can defend the Ole thesis in February

Thurs: Meet the new coach for lunch. Yay! Then another afternoon with my department- special seminar in the afternoon

Next Fri-Sun I am going to try to have a monster cycling weekend. Let me know if anyone wants to join me. If its nice I'd like to get in at least 100 miles over the weekend. Part will probably be hill repeats. What fun!

Then Tuesday the 26th I'm off to San Fran for the week for a conference. If anyone has any good restaurant or activity suggestions let me know! I was just there in April so I did most of the touristy stuff. But some good, healthy restaurant suggestions in the Union Square or SoMa area would be great!

Then right when I land I should have my first workout plan from the new boss, my coach Angela. I'm excited to see what she has in store for me! Ironman is only 9 months away. Yikes.

So if you don't hear from me much in the next couple of weeks, I apologize. But I'll be back. Of course, sometimes when I'm busy I need to get away and write, so you may be hearing more from me than you want. You never can tell.

10 comments:

Wes said...

You have to go to Scomas on the bay in downtown San Francisco. We stumbled on it by accident and it was the best seafood I've ever had, going on 10 years now, and I live by the Gulf Coast. You have fun!

Trisaratops said...

You will love love love Angela...she is AWESOME!!!!!! Very glad you're with her--you're in great hands! :)

I might be able to join you for a little bit next weekend...I'm still in recovery though, so I can't do more than 2 hours, and probably not very hilly...so if you're flat for a while let me know! :)

E-Speed said...

have fun cycling this weekend!

Trifrog said...

Sounds like a good time to recover from the previous season before embarking on the IM training. You've been going hard all spring and summer and your body and mind need a break - especially with what you've got planned for the next phase. Let those aches and pains heal and take a mental break from multisport focus. Then you'll be fresh to begin the challenge of CdA

Rachel said...

Sounds like a whirlwind of activity!

Charlie said...

Count me in for a ride.

Janet Edwards said...

I could probably be talked into a ride. Let me know when you're thinking!!!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I found your blog from TriSaraTops and DaisyDuc, and have been catching up on it lately...

Great job in the Great Lakes Escape!! Too bad you didn't get to swim.

Goodluck in your Ironman training! I look forward to following along.

qcmier said...

I could probably go for a ride this weekend. I'll be following you to the left coast next week; had planned to stop in NoCal on my way to Seattle, but not enough time. enjoy your trip!!!

Anonymous said...

Look at YELP.com for some excellent food suggestions - there's so much variety in SF that's it's hard to know where to start. As a resident of SF I eat in union square/soma only occasionally - but i seem to only be able to recommend food by its ethnicity, not where the restaurant is located in the city anyway. We're having great weather - so bring your running shoes and if you need to get in a swim, stop by the Embarcadero YMCA - they have a fabulous pool (only a short walk/muni ride from union square area).