Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Half Marathon?

This is my first post of my new blog. I did something I never thought possible on Sunday- I ran a half marathon! This is coming from a person who until a few years ago couldn't run more than a mile or two. And to be honest, I had never run more than 7 miles in my life. But I thought, why not? It turned out to be just about the best experience of my life. It was the first race I have ever run by myself and I am so proud of myself for keeping a positive attitute throughout the race. I even finished under my goal time of 2 hours! Now as soon as I can walk a straight line again I'll be back on the training trail for my real training goal: A strong olympic distance triathlon.

More later!

2 comments:

Papa Louie said...

Welcome Jodi to blog land. Congratulations on your first half marathon. Good luck on your olympic triathlon training and racing.

qcmier said...

Great job at the half. If you thought triathlons were addicting, wait till you start blogging.