Hi everyone! I hope that you all had a wonderful holiday. I know I did. Here's a quick summary of my 10 days back home in good ole Wisconsin:
1. Badger football game! I already blogged about that, though. But it was awesome! The Badger's are officially the most underappreciated 11-1 team in Big Ten history.
2. Green Bay Packers football game! Lambeau Field is always a good time. Unfortunately, the QB (sorry WI peeps, he should have retired 5 years ago) wasn't up to the game and the Packers got smeared. No Worries, I had to leave at halftime to get my 90 minute run done before the party people got back and wanted to go to the casino. And no, I didn't win. I never do. I'm not only the biggest Klutz you'll ever meet, but I'm also the least lucky person on the planet.
3. Milwaukee Bucks Basketball game! I've never been to a Pro-Basketball game before. 2 quick observations:
You know your seats are good when you are sitting in the same row as the owner (and state senator). Thanks Nikki and Tony for the tickets!
What is with the skank squad? Seriously, I must just be getting old, but those cheerleaders need to put some clothes on. Come on, knee high boots????
4. 10,600 yards in an 83 degree pool by myself. If that's not the definition of tedium and boredom, I don't know what is. The only thing keeping me alert was the pool that gets to 2.7 feet on the ends. Doing flip turns was like playing Russian Roulette.
5. My parents are awesomely amazing
Mom: Made me vegan stuffing for Thanksgiving and happily ate a vegetarian dish at the Indian restaurant we went to for dinner. I think that she made peace with my diet when she saw that I was healthy and not wasting away to nothing. She also became my "bike bitch" (her words, not mine) for my long rides and got me water when I needed it. Oh, and bought me the most coolest coat, hat, mittens, and scarf in the world! She also went to the Buck's game with me and we had a very fun time
Dad: Did my brick runs with me. He also helped me out tremendously on my 1:40 run Sunday morning. He ran the first 2 miles with me, then went to the store to buy me water, met me at 6.5 with the water, then drove to the end to run the last 0.5 miles with me. That was great. The 9.6 miles I ran will be my longest run before Vegas. 13.1 is totally within reach. And in the brand new Asics Kayano XII's that he bought for me. I really am such a spoiled brat.
6. Spent a lot of quality time with my sister in law. She went shopping with me the day after Thanksgiving, and, as always I got all my shopping done! Sweet. I also celebrated my nephew's 3rd birthday on Saturday. Who knew there were so many things you could buy associated with Thomas the Train?
7. Went out with one of the two girls that I still keep in contact with from High School. Dinner, drinks, and guy bashing with an old girlfriend is good for the soul :)
8. Last but not least... drumroll please....
Last Tuesday I got word that my second primary authored publication was accepted. What does that mean? I have officially covered all the requirements for my PhD! Now there's that pesky thesis I have to write...
I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot because it was an action packed week! But I think that I have properly bored you all. Have a great night! It's going to be 60 degrees here tomorrow and I'm going for a run. Outside! And I get to do pick-ups into zone 3! That's right, I'm going to run like the wind. I assure you I will enjoy every second of it.
1 day ago