Wednesday, November 15, 2006

My parasite is back...

I am in the middle of a recovery week right now. I didn't even swim this morning (gasp!). So why, I ask you, am I so dang hungry???? I can't stop snacking on peanut butter and granola. So now I have barricaded myself in my room away from the food, and guess what I'm doing?

Making a new blog, of course! I've decided to keep a blog just for my recipes. Half for you guys out there who have made my recipes or asked for them, and half just so I don't forget them and can access them from anywhere. And who doesn't want to keep track of one more blog? I think this is getting a little out of control...

But here it is:

JT's plant-based recipes

In other news my life is crazy town lately. I'm trying to get everything ready for my trip to Wisconsin. It's a little nuts all the stuff I have to pack into my car. Bike, trainer, weights, stability ball, cycling gear, football watching gear (Badger and Packer game to attend, doncha know?), running gear, food, dog, dog food, and most importantly, all of my credit cards for my annual day after Thanksgiving shopping fest with my sister in law. I can usually start and finish my Christmas shopping all in one day and with fabulous deals. For a girl who hates shopping, this is a great thing.

Hopefully I'll have internet access while I'm on my trip. I'll try to check in from time to time, but if for some reason I don't get the opportunity to say this:

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

14 comments:

Wes said...

Have a great time! Is there going to be any meat recipes on that new blog? LOL. I know, I know. Corny. Forgive me, I'm getting old...

Anonymous said...

You don't like shopping? Whoever wondered why you are still single is on to something! ;-)

Aleks said...

Have a great trip! That is a lot of gear to pack up! I can't wait to add the recipe blog to my favorites. :)

The Blights said...

Thanks for the recipes! Jumbalaya is my favorite!

Have a great tofu-turkey Day!

lkkinetic said...

Gobble gobble! Thanks for the recipe blog.

Trifrog said...

Not a nutritionist, but that hungry feeling is probably your body asking for recovery nutrients. Unless its asking for beer and potato chips, then that's just you body asking for trouble ;)

You still have availability on your credit cards after your first season of triathlon!? The only availability I have is on that same-as-cash Citi account Bike Authority gave me 3 years ago. Hmmm - what to buy?

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

Cool - I'll be checking out those recipes! And Happy Thanksgiving to you - have a safe trip!

Janet Edwards said...

That will be awesome to have access to your recipes...I feel like I am forever stuck in the same cooking rut and am always up for new ideas!

People are going to think you are moving back with all that stuff!

Cliff said...

That's a lot of stuff u pack in your car.

I am impress.

TX Runner Mom said...

Thanks for posting the recipes!

Trisaratops said...

Have a fun trip home! :)

Kate said...

Have a great trip :-) Thanks so much for the recipes- I think I'm going to commit to at least one meat-free night a week

JeffM said...

Have a great trip and Thanksgiving!
Cool recipes.
I like your training routines especially the swimming.

Charlie said...

I will surely open this new blog while in the kitchen.
I should have my Vegan Bachlor blog up soon.
Have a good tofurkey day!