Sunday, June 29, 2008

Still alive!

OMG, what an insane adventure this week was! It was my last week of call for the rest of medical school and I had to move out of my house. Needless to say, there was little time for training. Here is the skinny on my week:




It's pretty awesome to be an athlete:
I had to pick up a UHaul truck on Friday after work. I got it home and thought- now how in the hell am I going to get my car? RUN!!!!! So I ran from my house to the UHaul center. It would have been one very long walk...


Moving is SOOOO tiring: Yesterday I had about 3 hours to get all my stuff from my house to the apartment. Thankfully I had the help of 3 most excellent college students. My training buddies have some really wonderful kids. And they are happy to work for a little cash and Chipotle. Anywhoo, when I finally sat down for the first time yesterday at 10pm I felt like I had raced an Ironman. I had emptied all but 1 box. And had gone to the old house to clean. Man, I'm whooped.




Why don't you take a nap or something???: This was Paulo's response when I told him that I was going riding this morning. I hadn't been on my bike since Sunday so there was no way I was missing our group ride. It was one total ass-kicker though. Lots of elevation gain. There was one really long gradual grade that we hit at the 2:20 mark that we tackled at 23mph! My heart rate was >180 the whole way. I thought I was going to die! All in all I did 60 miles and it was no slow spin, that's for sure.



Holy crap, I hope that was fast...: After the ride I decided to do 1/2 of my friends Tony and Suneel's brick run. They were going out for an hour. The longest I have run since TTT is about 20 minutes so it was a challenge. It was SOOOO HARD! I was seriously dying. When I got back the curiosity got the best of me. I needed to google map the route, even though I knew that if I found out I was running 9 minute miles I would just cry. Thankfully we ran about 7:50 miles. That I can handle, although I wish I didn't feel like death doing it. That's near my goal pace for the half Ironman. Hmmm....

An announcement- I'm adding to my family: Tomorrow or Tuesday my baby will be shipped here from Austin Texas. His name is Red. And he's beautiful...



Pics and specs to come

6 comments:

Cyber Stalker said...

Really Jodi, your seat is too high!

Mike said...

Crazy week! Congratulations on your new addition to the family! He's very handsome! lol

-Mike

Anonymous said...

So is this bike replacing your P2SL?

triguyjt said...

jodi...glad you got the heavy lifting done and can now do more riding..running and whatever on top of the insane medical sked you have....

very handsome new family addition!!!whoooo hoo

Janet Edwards said...

hmmm, I want that addition for my family!

Anonymous said...

I once ran the mile-plus home from dropping off a rental truck, too. But I felt ridiculous running with my purse under my arm! I laugh every time I think of it.

Signed,
A lurker who LOOooOOOoOOVes your blog. :)