Thursday, October 18, 2007

Prep

Day 3 of my prep phase

Tuesday: Trainer ride

10 minute warm up
5 minute zone 3
3 minutes off zone 2
5 minute zone 3, third minute zone 4 climbing
3 minutes off zone 2
5 minute zone 3, third minute zone 4 climbing
3 minutes off zone 2
5 minute zone 3, third minute zone 4 climbing
3 minutes off zone 2
5 minutes zone 3, 2nd and 4th minutes climbing zone 4
3 minutes off zone 2
5 minutes zone 3 high cadence
5 minutes cool down

Saweet

Probably a little intense for prep phase, but I'm a tad ADD

So then yesterday I ran 30 whole minutes! With no pain. It was so awesome.

Today, another hour on the trainer, at least 30 minutes zone 3.

So here is my check in, with you all keeping me honest. The goals of prep phase are getting back into shape and cutting this weight I accumulated back during my IM taper. So here it is...

Current weight: 127
Weight to goal: 12 pounds
Weeks to goal: 11 weeks

Current run fitness: Low zone 3 at about 9 minute miles. Yikes!!!!!!

Ok, I will report back with goals once per week. Anyone who wants to join me, send me an email or post a comment

:-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're seriously inspiring me to be more diligent (or maybe honest) about posting my workouts. Henceforth, any progress I make will be attributable to you. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm in, but I can get through the Philly Marathon and another Boston attempt first? The first attempt at Chicago, yeah, not so good.

JenC said...

I'm in for joining you for workouts. Keep posted on when you are available.

triguyjt said...

jodi--

congrats on stating NOW what you intend to do. I agree with you when you say you want THAT back. The intense workouts and the sweat and the tiredness and the commitment. Thats admirable. YOu are causing me to map out my 08 season..NOW..and to be less ambivalent. Thanks. Enjoy you posts.

Bob Almighty said...

9 min. miles aren't bad,especially after recovering from a traumatic knee injury. you just got to keep taking it one day at a time. Also after reading your last post it looks like sleep is going to be a fleeting thing in the next couple months....