Monday, October 29, 2007

Ugh

It's testing week and I'm already tired of studying! But the good thing about testing week is a lot of time for training- I can even swim!

Hit the pool today and I had the honor of being "that girl" who grabs a kickboard in the middle of a hard pull set. So embarrassing. Well, I guess that is the price you pay for going out and swimming 4100 yards with zero swim training in the past 6 weeks.

I get to enjoy a full day of practical "tests" (ungraded) where I have to go interview fake patients with fake problems and sit and write fake notes on them tomorrow. It's actually pretty fun, but I'm kind of wishing I had a lot more time to study for the exam on Friday and I doubt this activity is going flood my brain with useful pearls of knowledge. At least we get free lunch!

Oh- this just in- Steelhead registration opens on Thursday. Should I just be bold and register right away? I think it is wise, given the speed with which Eagleman filled this year.

Update on career decisions----------

I'm thinking of a new career path. Interventional radiology. Sounds pretty awesome to me. I wonder how many times I will change my mind in the next year?...

Ok, it's 8:45, which signals my bedtime. 4:45am wake up call in the morning because I have a 1-hour intense appointment with Mike Honcho on the trainer. Hard intervals are on tap, I believe...

And I'll leave you with my favorite quote from mom (yes, totally random):

It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you look when you play

2 comments:

Wes said...

It's not whether you win or lose, it's how you look when you play

Hmmmm. That's why I'm always top 3 in my age group in that category ;-)

Cyber Stalker said...

Really happy to provide you with such amusement.


MomXXXOOO