Sunday, March 25, 2007

Taper...

Sucks

I'm like a basket case. I'll be on cloud nine, and then 5 minutes later I want to crawl in a hole and cry. WTF?

I feel fat and lazy, but I'm hungry all the time.

I have a ton of stuff to do, but no motivation to do anything.

I dread my workouts and feel like crud for the first 5 minutes, but then I get this weird surge of energy and don't want them to stop.

I'm grumpy and irritable

So in other words, maintain your distance from me until after this race if you know what's good for you!

On a positive note, Whole Foods just opened Wednesday less than a mile from my house. It was a nice pick me up this morning to get a fresh baked baguette and fresh ground almond butter!




This had me very excited. But I'm sure there will be something about this development that has me depressed anytime now...

10 comments:

Charlie said...

Tapering is frustrating. Appreciate the shorter workouts now cause Sunday you have a long one coming.
Can't wait to investigate the new market after my swim. Hopefully they have added a bike rack.

Dances with Corgis said...

Yum, almond butter :) Hopefully your "Whole Paycheck" is not as crowded as my one in the city... you have to budget an extra half an hour to waiting in the massive line.

Neese said...

Oh goodness, tapering sounds so much like PMS, i hope that if I ever have to taper PMS doesn't hit at the same time or *that* would be trouble!

I LOVE Whole Foods, I'd go broke it it was less than a mile from my house!!

Wes said...

Hee, hee, hee, haw, haw, haw. Suck it up kiddo!! This is the price you pay for triathlon goddessness!!!!

JeffM said...

Once you get in the water though all the tapering pain will be forgotten!

Unknown said...

Sounds yummy. The taper will get easier. Before you know it the race will be here and you'll be showing what all that training and hard work was for!

Anonymous said...

tapering sucks, doesn't it? 5 more days to go....holy crap. Hope to meet you at the ST get together.

Papa Louie said...

Enjoy the market. I would love to have one of those around me. And hey, tapering should be fun and a big relief. I'm glad I start my Boston tapering today. Besides I can't picture you grumpy and irritable with your signiture smile.

Unknown said...

Great blog! Good luck with the Ironman training and good luck in Oceanside. I did that race in '03 and it doesn't look like the course has changed much. Have fun with it and let me know if you have any questions about that course.

Later...

JenC said...

Hey, you ran great yesterday and I know you will be great this weekend! Better to have sucky training days than sucky race days, right?