Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It has been reconfirmed!

I still have absolutely no rhythm! Every once in awhile I deem it necessary to test whether or not in some miraculous event I have managed to find an ounce of rhythm. Usually the test comes after quite a bit of free alcohol and the celebration of a wedding, but today it took the form of...



Yes, I did a Zumba class today. And no, it wasn't pretty. Not one bit. But it was fun...

To update on anaerobic camp, I have been getting the living crap beat out of me on a daily basis. There was a 2 hour bike ride on Sunday where my heart rate max was 185 and I'm pretty sure it stayed there for a good half hour. Then later that day I did 40 x 200 on a "track" I made for myself. My AVERAGE heart rate for that escapade was 178 with a max of 198. And no, I didn't stop my watch for the 15-20 seconds between intervals. There was a 5 mile time trial where I'm pretty sure I left my left lung on Saturday, and today I did a very tough 5000 meters in the pool. But no bike ride today.... because the most beautiful box was delivered to Florida yesterday!

Isn't it beautiful?!



And there's STUFF in it!



And... RACE WHEELS!!



And what is this beautiful piece of Orange metal??



MY NEW TREK!!!!!!!!!!!



I will talk more about it in my next post, but I was able to find the most amazing people at the Trek store in Estero, Florida. They got me right in to get fit on very little notice and spent 4 hours tweaking the bike to make it absolutely PERFECT! The only hitch was the circus side-show length aerobars that needed to be cut. So tomorrow I will pick up Little Miss Bigwheels for good and take her on a test ride.

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Very Purty....what his/her name? How bout' Sunkiss?

BTW, haven't taken Zumba before but I've been approached recently to "teach it."

Maybe.....

Cyber Stalker said...

I thought "Miss Big Wheels" was a girl bike, but it looks like it has a woody.

Anonymous said...

She's gorgeous - makes me lust for a tri bike again.

Congrats.

Danny Montoya said...

Sweet looking new bike Jodi!!! Can't wait to see you on her!!

JenC said...

Sweet bike! Obscene aero bars though - glad they could be cut!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is one mean looking rig. Awesome! Can't wait to hear about what it's like to ride.

Matt said...

Nice Rig, I will see a blur of orange fly by me at Oceanside.

Bob Almighty said...

Orange is the color of speed!