I was tagged by Jenni to write 5 random things about me....
Since this is a sports related blog, I'll go with the theme...
1. When I was 8 years old I joined the swim club. After a year or so I was asked why I joined. I said it was because I wanted to go to the Olympics for diving. The coach shook his head and told me I was in the wrong sport. Huh?? What sport could possibly be closer to diving than swimming?
Years later I joined the diving team. I wasn't any good at it, but there was absolutely nothing in the world that made me more happy. When I was a Senior in High School I transitioned to just swimming because I just wasn't meant for the acrobatics of higher level diving (Gymnastics! Doh!)
2. In college I missed the water. So I joined the Wisconsin Water Polo team. Man, if I thought I wasn't any good at diving, this was a new class of suck. I made it a year. I wasn't cut out for the aggressive sports. Those girls are animals!
3. Until I was in college I thought that running was the absolute most stupid sport EVER. I mean, who on earth would put their bodies through a marathon! How Stupid! (I choked on those words all 26.2 miles in June...)
4. Growing up, baseball was always my passion. Starting when I was 7 I played softball, then fastpitch. I watched or listened to every damn Brewers game for years and years. Then I got a job at the stadium. And for 3 years, they PAID me to sit in the third base side box seats and watch games. Best job ever.
5. I got scuba certified when I was 16 because we were taking a family trip to Australia. I've now been down under a total of 7 months of my life and have yet to dive there. Although I have had some absolutely phenomenal dives elsewhere, so it was totally worth it!
Ruster Sports vs Jordan Rapp
10 hours ago