Just some thoughts on the things in the world I am thankful for at this very minute...
- My family (of course!). My mom who goes to my blog no less than 12 times per day, my dad who I am so proud of for heading down to Vegas next weekend to run his very first half marathon, and my brothers and their wonderful wives (and the kiddos!) who I always look forward to talking with and seeing. I am so thankful that they all understand why I had to stay in Cleveland this year for Thanksgiving. I'll be home for Christmas!
- My Cleveland family. Until this year I didn't have anyone in Cleveland that I was close enough to consider my family. You know, the kind of people that make you feel that you can crash their Thanksgiving without thinking twice. Having Lanny and Kathy in my life has really made me feel like Cleveland is a home for the very first time in my 7 years here.
And here is one reason that I feel at home at their place:
They even let me bring the mutt!
Speaking of the mutt...
- I am thankful for the day in September 2002 when I drove out to pick up baby Maddie. She has become my buddy. My training partner. Even though I give her stupid names, like Madame Poopsalot, she's still the best running buddy a girl could have. We can go out for an hour where I can use 4 simple words and we can run in perfect harmony: Wait (stop), Cross (the road), Hup! (Jump onto the sidewalk), and Faster! She loves to race me up hills and sprint the last 0.5 miles home.
- I am thankful that Jonathan gave me a long distance kick in the ass to get my big -overstuffed by cake- butt out the door tonight and go on a wonderful 4.7 mile run with Madame Poopsalot. I feel like a million bucks right now!
-I am thankful that Paulo has a conference in Ohio in a couple weeks and is coming to visit. I'm hoping to get him out in the snow for couple chilly runs. I will NOT forget my camera this time! If you get a chance, head over to see a great interview with one of the best triathlon coaches around. Check out the hat!
- And of course I'm thankful to all my friends who read my blog. A lot of you I've met in person, a lot I haven't, yet. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday with family and/or friends!
And for those of you who wanted to see what my hair looks like from the front- here's a pic!
A Few Good Swims
2 days ago