Saturday, January 06, 2007

I've been tagged... twice!

Okay, so I've been tagged by TriAl v2006 and AmateurTriGirl so here goes...

1. Find the nearest book.
2. Name the book & the author.
3. Turn to page 123.
4. Go to the fifth sentence on the page. Copy out the next three sentences and post to your blog.
5. Tag three more folks.

Fast Food Nation; The Dark Side of the All-American Meal
by Eric Schlosser

"A smell can suddenly evoke a long-forgotten moment. The flavors of childhood foods seem to leave an indelible mark, and adults often return to them, without always knowing why. These "comfort foods" become a source of pleasure and reassurance, a fact that fast food chains work hard to promote."

Hmmm... who shall I tag...

Aleks
Eric
Trisonq

While I'm here...

Training has been okay. I had a mini training setback. I didn't take off any time after my crash and it kind of accumulated to a bad near-overtraining situation. I was having trouble sleeping, high HR, gaining weight. I finally told my coach and she gave me a nice and easy week. I am getting better, but stupid me stayed up until 2am on Thursday. *sigh*. But I'm feeling much better. Lost 4 pounds this week, body is getting back into form, did some wonderfully bad bowling, went out to see a band, and now I'm back! And it was nice to get a little taste of what a social life is for a change.

Bike isn't fixed yet and I've been on the Cannondale for training... Knees are wonderful... and now I have to get started on my brick. I have so much to do today! 2.5 hour workout, grocery shopping (eating nothing but Cliff bars and peanut butter sandwiches may have contributed to the 4 pound weight loss...), cleaning, taking all the X-mas decorations down. It will be a busy day!

I put some New Year's pics on my picture blog here . Festivities were fun! An all-girl's brick workout, B-day party, and Polar Bear Swim. Brrrr!

Oh my God, how could I forget! I joined a team! Visit our Website . My profile isn't up yet, and we're getting a real website set up in the next couple weeks. Why they wanted me, I'll never know...

7 comments:

Wes said...

Hey girl! Glad you are starting to feel whole again. I found my pool! If Dee Dee let's me join, I should start swimming soon. I think its really cool that you are on Team Velocity, and you certainly deserve to be there. Those other team members are cool. Great athletes. No wonder they wanted you!!n

Kate said...

That is SOO cool- congrats on getting into the team :-) Nice uniform. Glad you're feeling better- sounds like it was a good R&R week!

JeffM said...

That's a great book!
Great polar bear pictures- that lloks like fun.

Charlie said...

It's good to hear you are taking some easy day's. I sense a post VTC theme..I hope bowling isn't always a 'till 2am event. If so I will just walk to Roccos and sleep on the couch before work on fridays....I understand Matt is doing Cali with you. That is very cool, have fun....

Steve said...

Great to see you today... No faith... none what so ever... just because I take about 2 months off does not mean I won't make my way back.... congrats on the Team.. that's awesome... how's the fundraising going as if I remember correctly you were going to do the race for a charity?....

Later Kido
~Steve

Rachel said...

I know what that book means about smells! I won't even be thinking of food but if I smell something like movie popcorn...I'm done!

Ironic that you lost weight when the training went down. You definitely needed the rest.

TriBoomer a.k.a. Brian said...

Love the pics. Good luck with the team.

Stay tuned...